Grow With Us careers
Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative
Salary: | Type of work: Full Time | Date Posted: November 17, 2022
Passages International, Inc. was founded in 1999, when the demand for greener funerals was at its earliest stage. With green funerals now mainstream, Passages is dedicated to providing sustainable choices that allow families to have a unique, meaningful and healing funeral experience. We are a family owned and operated business, and our environmentally-friendly products are designed to let families and funeral homes create a funeral that truly honors a loved one, meets their values, and celebrates their life.
With Passages products, families can curate a funeral that truly reflects the values of their loved one. Our goal is to provide innovative, compassionate, and meaningful offerings to enrich and personalize the memorialization of a loved one while always keeping an eye on environmental impacts and allowing families to give back to the planet that took care of them in life.
The Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative will focus on customer phone calls and online communications regarding placing new orders, order status and assisting with any customer facing questions or inquires. Communication and phone calls will need to be noted in ERP system while providing excellent customer service and detailed product knowledge. The Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Must be comfortable making outbound calls, working with a team, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and closing sales.
Required Qualifications (including education, skills, experience, and physical requirements):
Note: These include but are not limited to the following
- HS Diploma, associated degree or higher preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, domestic and international shipping, and general office work.
- Experience with ERP and CRM systems. (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong background in customer service a must.
- Good organizational, time management and multitasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail with accuracy.
- Must be flexible, self-directed and have the ability to handle changing priorities and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this essential function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process incoming telephone and email orders. Provide pricing, product, and delivery information upon request.
- Quote and process various shipping requests and inquiries.
- Identify areas of opportunities with current customers to upsell.
- Process payments.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails. Utilize ERP and CRM to record customer interactions and actions taken.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments. Work to achieve sales goals while also minimizing potential mistakes.
- Resolve customer issues in a timely manner. Formulate resolution and response to customer issues. Understand
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
ADA Mental and Physical Factors
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Passages International, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability, or serious medical condition.
This Job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor or department manager within the organization.